We have been permitted to go ahead with our grotto in line with the new Cabinet Office Guidance. If you have a booking specific enquiry please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the date of your booking in the subject line so they can be dealt with in order of date priority
We have currently sold out. If you wish to be added to the list for returns please email Sam on email@example.com with the word “RETURNS” in the subject line
We will be adding more frequently asked questions asap
Here are a list of some of our extra protection measures
1) We are only permitting one household/support bubble per timed entry
2) Temperatures of all adults to be taken prior to entry to the shop and grotto with those who register a high temperature not being permitted entry
3) Face covering to be worn through the shop and grotto by everyone over the age of 11 unless they are medically exempt.
4) A hand sanitizing station will be available on entry and there will be additional hand sanitizer available in the grotto itself
5) Once a household has been checked in they will be escorted to a secure area which is for their household only and is away from anyone else who may be visiting the shop
6) Once inside the grotto we have employed a number of covid marshals (elves) to ensure that no households mix and that no groups linger in any one area longer than required
7) All covid marshals will maintain social distancing and wear face coverings
8) Father Christmas will be behind a Perspex screen and as a result there will be no contact with any visitors.
9) Father Christmas will be wearing gloves and therefore he will not to come into direct contact with the visitors’ presents. These presents have been left for 72 hours from receipt and were packed into envelopes in a covid secure way. The candy canes, and additional gift, are individually wrapped in plastic and have been in the building for more than 72 hours prior to any being given to a member of the public.
10) Visitors will be able to take their own photographs to ensure that no member of staff is in contact with anyone else’s phone or camera.
11) All equipment such as pens and clipboards will be sanitized between visitors and each household will be given their own individual quest and certificate which is only for their use.
If you have a booking specific query please email our Events Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org but only if it is urgent and PLEASE PUT THE DATE OF THE BOOKING IN THE SUBJECT LINE AS THEY WILL BE DEALT WITH IN DATE ORDER
This year Christmas at Magic Alley will be a little different. Given recent events we are making sure that we have a socially distanced Christmas. This means we will only be admitting one family group/bubble at a time. Entry will be staggered in order to maintain your safety at all times.
If you book we advise you buy Refund Protection as it has additional Covid-19 cover – you can read more here
Please note online bookings will not be refunded unless the event is cancelled or unless refund protection is purchased and the reason for the refund falls within the cover offered by Ticketsource.
Our Christmas Grotto is a series of 10 rooms ending in our Enchanted Forest which becomes covered in snow. You will travel through the rooms which this year have a sweet/chocolate factory theme and complete a Christmas quest solving some puzzles and meeting the magical folk in the grotto. Visitors then meet Father Christmas and receive a present then continue with the quest till you end up in the forest where you can play in the snow and throw snowballs! (very soft ones we hasten to add!) – The experience usually it takes about 30 to 45 minutes. The experience is suitable for all ages but for children under 4 we have some specific parent and toddler sessions but under 4s are welcome at other times too of course!
All tickets are for timed entry, you will not be admitted before your booked entry time, so please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early. There will be plenty of time to explore the Magic Alley Emporium after your visit to Father Christmas
What do we need to bring and what should we wear?
Don’t forget to bring your ticket and any letters that you would like to give to Father Christmas. The experience is completely indoors so you can dress however you like. Please do not bring huge amounts of bags as there is no storage.
What does the experience include & how long does the experience last?
On arrival each party will be given a copy of the Christmas quest which will guide you around the experience during the course of which you will meet Father Christmas who will spend quality time with your party. Each member of the party will receive a gift from Father Christmas.
The experience will last approximately 45 to 60 minutes
Can I buy additional tickets on the day?
In exceptional circumstances it may be possible to purchase up to 2 additional tickets on the day. However this is subject to availability and it would be advisable to telephone at least 48 hours in advance of your booking to confirm availability.
Will we receive a gift?
Everyone who visits Father Christmas receives the same gift, a copy of this year’s specially commissioned Christmas Story (even the grown-ups) this is because the story is intended to be read together as a family on Christmas Eve.
In addition everyone will receive an individually wrapped candy cane in line with our Christmas theme. Please feel free to regift the candy cane if it is not to your taste.
Should we arrive early?
Please arrive as close to your entry time as possible as each ticket has an allocated timed entry slot.
What happens if we’re late?
this year if you are late you may well not be admitted unfortunately due to having to social distance
Can we take photos or a video?
Can I cancel my booking?
You may cancel but unfortunately tickets are non refundable unless you have purchased tickets online and additionally purchased refund protection.
We do not have our own car park. Therefore, please allow plenty of time to find a parking space and get to us before your entry time. The closest car parks are: the NCP car park Rother Street, Stratford on Avon, CV37 6JP or the Windsor Street Surface Level or Multi Storey Car Parks CV37 6NL or Arden Street, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 6PA